Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Halloween is just around the corner, so in the October issue of Northern Connection magazine, I asked if you believe in ghosts and shared a personal encounter that I witness on occasion between my pets and something only they can see:

"What we all, including my husband, would observe was not so much the ghost as how our pets would interact with something that they could most definitely see, that we could not. Just as a dog can hear a high-pitch whistle too high for humans to hear, our pets could see something that wasn’t there. Dogs visiting this home would be lying in the living room panting – when something would catch their eye and they would stop panting, and stare at a certain spot in the room near the ceiling – no shadows, no cob webs – just the corner. Cats and kittens would jump onto the top of the chair and try to paw at whatever it was they were seeing. We’ve all seen the pets, alone and in groups, interacting with something only they can see.

Actually, we think there may be more than one ghost because sometimes, when you are in the home alone, you can hear a whispered conversation going on in the living room that stops as soon as you enter the room.”
So what do you think? Is this house haunted? Have you ever experienced something supernatural, visited a haunted place where the unexplainable took place? I hope you’ll share your encounter with us in the comment section below:

2 comments:

  1. From Reader G.M.:

    “Dear Mrs. Anderson, I have read your article on Ghosts in the Northern Connection magazine for this month. My husband and I bought a house on the northside, and began making changes to bring the house up-to-date.

    Within 2 months, things began to happen, like a cake pan being thrown to the floor from the refrigerator. We hung a large picture, framed, over the fireplace of our engagement. In the morning, the picture was face down on the carpet, glass broken into tiny pieces. The nail was in the wall and the wire was still hooked to the frame. I rehung the picture with a new frame, the next morning, again, the picture was face down, glass broken in bits with the nail still in the wall, and the wire still attached to the frame. I never hung the picture again.

    For 9 ½ years, our house was haunted. I finally saw the ghost, it was a young man. Upon checking with my elderly neighbor, she said the man I saw was raised in the house. When both his parents died, he had to sell the house. His spirit never left the house.

    The TV in our spare room turned on by itself. The furniture handles would rattle. Only when I was alone did these things happen. Finally, after 9 ½ years, it was quiet in the house, and I guess he finally had peace. The moral is to never love something so much that you never let go when you die.
    I am a psychic and since I was 5 years old, my energy attracts ghosts. Mostly, they are spirits not at rest and are lost. You could pray for them so that they find peace.

    I hope this will help you with your article, G.M.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you G.M. for sharing this supernatural experience with us!

      Delete