Friday, September 30, 2016

Is the National Anthem Controversy a Conspiracy?





So is it me, or, as I mentioned in my column, Starting the Conversation for Northern Connection magazine, at the first incident does Kaepernick look like he’s just not paying attention and no one on the sidelines is paying attention to him – not staff, not security, not the other players. You would think that if he was protesting something, someone besides the press, would have been aware.

But either way, does he not realize that he is one of the most privileged in America? He has one of the most coveted and well-paying jobs, he has a college education, both birth mother and adopted parents are among the most non-racial citizens this country has to offer. Who, when, where was he oppressed in any way? Or was he simply embarrassed that he forgot to stand and only then did he come up with a reason?

What do you think? Let me know in the comment section below, email me at NorthCon@consolidated.net or send me a “Letter to the Editor” at P.O Box 722 Wexford, PA 15090-0722 attn: Marianne Reid Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment